Streams are needed to distribute clicks.
Comparing to other trackers
Other trackers use another term for the same functionality:
Video about stream split-testing
# How streams work
Keitaro makes the following steps to decide what stream to use.
- Takes group of Forced Streams.
- Starting from the first Forced Stream, it checks the filters of each stream.
- If forced the click doesn't suitable for all the Forced Streams, Keitaro takes the next group Regular streams.
- How Keitaro checks Regular Streams is depended on if split-testing is turned on or not.
- (No spit-testing is off) Keitaro check the streams from the first to the last.
- (Split-testing is on) Keitaro check if binding is on and if the that device is already visited that campaign. If yes, it uses the previously selected stream. If no, it takes randomly a stream, then checks its filters. If click doesn't suitable for the filters, it takes the next random stream.
- If no regular stream was selected, Keitaro use Default Stream.
- If no Default Stream in campaign, Keitaro triggers Do Nothing action.
If stream is chosen, Keitaro follow the Stream Schema:
# Stream settings
Monitoring pro business
# Stream type
- Forced. The streams that intercepts clicks before regular streams.
- Regular. Normal streams.
- Default. Keitaro use that stream if click isn't suitable for any other streams.
Set the position among other streams.
Keitaro uses the weights to calculate share in clicks distribution when split-testing is turned on.
# Collect clicks
When turned off, Keitaro doesn't save clicks to statistics.
Turn stream on or off.
See Filters page.
See Monitoring page.
# Bulk actions
Mark streams to make available bulk actions.
Moves selected streams to Archive.
Clone selected streams.
Find and replace part substrings in stream URLs.
Keitaro can only replace in stream URLs. Replacing Landing and Offer URLs isn't supported.
Makes weight equal.
# Favourite streams
Press on that icon to make stream favourite:
To insert a favourite stream, open dropdown, then on the favourite stream:
- Favourite streams are shared across campaigns and users.
- When inserting favourite stream, it clones.
Unique clicks count.
# Streams FAQ
Why doesn't the stream work, or why does the click go to a wrong stream?
- Go to the Maintenance → Logs → Traffic page.
- Enable traffic log.
- Make a click, or wait until a click gets into a wrong stream.
- Look at a traffic log. There you'll be able see how the sream filters have just functioned.
Also, have a look at the Additional → Traffic Simulation menu. You can emulate getting any user to a campaign there.
How to send non-unique visitors to the same streams?
Use option Bind visitors in campaign settings.
How to send non-unique visitors to new streams?
Add filter Uniqueness in the streams.
How to intercept first X clicks in campaign?
Use filter Limit clicks
How to send clicks to specific stream?
Add a filter by one of a parameter, for example by "Sub ID 1". Give it a value
Add the same parameter to Campaign URL. Example:
If there are other streams that can intercept a click, add the sample filter, but in opposite mode (YES → NO).
How to intercept clicks from specific country?
Use Country filter. Campaign example:
- Stream 1. Country:
- Stream 2. Country:
- Stream 3. Country:
How to separate desktop and mobile phone between two streams?
Use Device type filter in the streams. Example:
How to get stream IDs?
Hide campaign settings by pressing that button: